Cartography Maps #3a, #3b, & #3c

 


For Map #3a, I designed a map of the world using a North Pole Gnomonic Coordinate System.



For Map #3b, I designed a map of the world using an Equidistant Conic Coordinate System.


For Map #3c, I designed a map of the world using a Moon 2000 Sinusoidal Coordinate System.



I had a few problems making these maps. The main problem I had was the data I was given did not work too well with the ArcGIS software. As a result, I am left with these relatively basic maps that I am not too keen on. Each map has distortions in its projection systems that distort the data in unique ways. For these maps, I used a world map dataset from ArcGIS online. Overall, these took me around three hours to make, yet the majority of this was trying to fix problems with the dataset in ArcGIS. 


Data Source: “World Countries Generalized.” ArcGIS Hub, Esri, hub.arcgis.com/datasets/esri::world-countries-generalized/explore. Accessed 26 Feb. 2024.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Participation #1

Cartography Maps #2a & #2b

Blog Participation #5