Cartography Maps #2a & #2b

 


Both maps #2 and #3 are maps that I made regarding the population of Livingston County by town collected by the 2020 US census. Map #2 is a dot-density map that shows the population of each town, one dot being fifty people. Map #3 shows a choropleth map of the population of each town, with darker values showing a higher population. Both datasets I got from my professor on ArcGIS, and each map took me around an hour to make. Both map's purpose is to convey population information for those living in Livingston County in a way that makes it easy for them to understand. The coordinated reference system (CRS) of these maps is the NAD83 New York West EPSG: 2262 which highlights Western New York. I still don't fully understand how to manipulate the map legend and am still working to figure out how I can remove something from the map legend itself but still have it shown on the map.


Here is a link to a slideshow that shows that I made the maps in ArcGIS Pro- Map Screenshot Collection - Google Slides

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Participation #1

Blog Participation #5