Cartography Map #1

 


This map I made is of fire stations located in the city of Tacoma, Washington. I got the data from ArcGIS online and messed around with the symbology, as well as also adding on a streets layer. The map is informative and is designed to show those who are local to the city of Tacoma where their fire stations are located and how spaced out they are from one another. As for the streets layer, I got it online from the Washington State Geospatial Database. This map took me around an hour and a half, mainly because I am still adjusting to this software, and it took me some time to become familiar with the controls. Overall, I think this map is very basic, but I think it is a solid starting point for me in making maps from scratch. If I could change one thing about this map, I would change the color of the streets in the base map because I feel like the white is too much. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Participation #1

Cartography Maps #2a & #2b

Blog Participation #5